Between Traverse City, Petoskey and Gaylord, Shanty Creek Resorts’ backyard is Michigan’s playground! Every reason families choose Northern Michigan for their vacation getaways can be found here.
Escape Up North
Create Northern Michigan memories at Shanty Creek during the Annual Northern Michigan Family Medicine Update; whether you make it a family vacation or a week-long friends’ getaway. Take advantage of a rare opportunity to experience a variety of lodging options across 4,500 acres to fit your needs, four championship golf courses, multiple restaurants utilizing local Michigan ingredients, live entertainment overlooking sunset views, a full service spa and fitness facility, miles of biking and hiking trails, sporting activities that cater to all passions including swimming, beach volleyball and tennis, plus so much more.
Up for 18 Holes?
Shanty Creek Resort has extended special golf pricing for the UM/MAFP group. When calling for a tee time, please let staff know you are part of this group to receive special pricing. **Prices only valid after 11:00 a.m. The pricing for 18 holes with a golf cart is as follows:
- Cedar River Golf Course: $65.00 per person
- The Legend Golf Course: $65.00 per person
- Schuss Mountain Golf Course: $40.00 per person
- Summit Golf Course: $30.00 per person
In the Middle of It All
And, what else makes this resort so special? Shanty Creek Resorts is in the middle of it all! As the central location in one of the most desired regions in America, it is the perfect hub for Up North adventures, including…
Bellaire – With boutique shopping, eclectic dining and entertainment, plus the distinctive craft-brews of Short’s Brewing Company, Bellaire exudes passion in every corner.
Torch Lake (pictured above) – Dubbed one of the “Most Beautiful Lakes in the World,” this 19-mile stretch of pristine turquoise water is a staple of the Up North experience.
Alden & Elk Rapids – Two of Northern Michigan’s most endearing towns offer lakeside views and waterfront recreation, plus shopping and dining.
Charlevoix & Petoskey – Surrounded by blue, Charlevoix and Petoskey are a water lover’s paradise. Stroll the boardwalk, watch passing vessels or dance along the sandy shores.
Traverse City – Beaches. Boating. Parasailing. Shopping. Dining. Entertainment. And home to the National Cherry Festival, Traverse City offers activities for adventurers of any age.
Mackinac Island – Enjoy a step back in time; take a horse drawn carriage ride, rent a bicycle and don’t forget to treat yourself to some world-famous fudge.
Planning Your Getaway
Need assistance in planning your week? Take advantage of these resources and you will quickly see, there is no chance for boredom when you’re Up North!
- Take the challenge – can you accomplish all 102 Things to Do during your trip?
- Shanty Creek Resorts has plenty of summer and onsite activities to take advantage of
- Head to the water – relax on a beach, cast your line to catch some fish, spend an afternoon on a paddle trip or go boating on one of the world’s most beautiful lakes. There are options for everything!
- Spend some time sampling Northern Michigan’s best wines
- Should the sun be behind the clouds, why not take in the area’s history at a local museum or enjoy the quaint local towns with a shopping trip for one-of-a-kind items?
- Take a bike trip or go hiking on trails through some of the state’s most beautiful areas
- Enjoy a variety of additional activities to make your getaway memorable
For more information, visit www.shantycreek.com or contact MAFP at 517.347.0098 for access to key contacts to assist you in booking your well-deserved vacation.